Simulation of the 6NM-64
The application is based on Geant4 and aims to the determination of the 6NM-64 detection efficiency for various particle beams (download). Three elements are provided:
- 6NM64 executable for windows
- AssistGenerator_6NM64.bat for the generation of 6NM64Assist.bat file
- Synoptic manual
Please read the manual for user instructions.
* Notice: Geant4 has moved to version 10.However, the application uses Geant4.9.6 and the corresponding datasets.
- Geant4, http://geant4.cern.ch
- Agostinelli S., Allison J., Amako K., Apostolakis J. et al. for the Geant4 collaboration, "Geant4 - a simulation toolkit", NIM A, Volume 506, Issue 3, pp. 250-303, 2003
- Allison J., Amako K., Apostolakis J., Araujo H. et al. for the Geant4 collaboration, "Geant4 developments and applications", IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol.53, no.1, pp. 270-278, 2006
- Clem, J.M. and Dorman, L.I., "Neutron Monitor Response Functions'', Space Science Review, vol. 93, pp. 335-359, 2000
- Paschalis, P., Mavromichalaki, H., Dorman, L.I., "A quantitative study of the 6NM-64 neutron monitor by using Geant4: 1. Detection efficiency for different particles", NIM A, 729, 877-887, 2013