The Athens Neutron Monitor Station (A.Ne.Mo.S) group is organising a splinter session at the Tenth European Space Weather Week (November 18 - 22, 2013, Antwerp, Belgium; Date, 22 No 2013 Time : 15:15-16:45).
In this session we aim to discuss the implementation of the European Neutron Monitor Service under ESA SSA SWE Program. This service actually includes two distinct services: the Multi-station data retrieval and the GLE Alert Plus which have been developed by the A.Ne.Mo.S Group. In this splinter meeting, the new services based upon neutron monitor measurements will be demonstrated, along with the real-time data availability of each station and their data flow (both crucial parameters for the establishment of timely GLE Alerts). Furthermore, the validation of the GLE Alert will also be presented and discussed. Therefore, this meeting is addressed to the neutron monitor data providers and to the broader space weather community. In this session, we will cover topics that are relevant to neutron monitors with a strong emphasis on future synergies under ESA SSA SWE segment.
In particular we will discuss :
- Welcome (H. Mavromichalaki)
- ESA/SSA/SWE Space Radiation and the possible role of NMs (N. Crosby)
- NMDB Past & Future (C. Steigies - TBC)
- The European Neutron Monitor Service (A. Papaioannou)
- Open Discussion (Items for discussion pre-released)
- Conclusions (H. Mavromichalaki, A. Papaioanou)